We have many things to do when we build a new blog. We plan the blog structure, plan content strategy, write the content, plan a proper marketing strategy and much more. To minimize the headache of finding the necessary WordPress plugins for your new blog, we have compiled a list of plugins that you will need to build a successful blog and to reach a maximum number of audiences. These plugins will help you to rapidly grow your blog in 2020.
1. Rank Math: SEO Plugin to Get Organic Visitors from Search Engine
Getting your website on the top of the search result has always paid off. You might have amazing content on your website, but you do need a way to reach the audience. Otherwise, there would be no one to appreciate your best creation. You can optimize your content for the search engine with some of the powerful SEO plugins available for WordPress. You might have heard of the “Yoast SEO Plugin” as it was, and still is one of the most used SEO plugins for WordPress. But the SEO plugin that we would recommend for you would be RankMath plugin. The reason that we would recommend RankMath over Yoast is that RankMath plugin offers all the features on Yoast SEO premium and much more advanced features for free! You can see the complete list of features below. RankMath is rapidly growing over Yoast SEO and they are continuously listening to the community feedback and releasing updates regularly. Although, it’s a newborn till yet so some updates might come with simple bugs. But they are caring to make it perfect, it’s all that matters.
Key features of Rank Math:
- Setup Wizard (Easy to follow)
- Google Schema Markup aka Rich Snippets Integrated
- Optimize Up to 5 Keywords
- Google Search Console Integration
- Google Keyword Ranking
- Optimal Settings Pre-Selected
- LSI Keyword Tool Integrated
- Add Overlay Icons On Social Images
- Advanced SEO Analysis Tool
- 40 Detailed SEO Tests
- Module Based System
- Smart Redirection Manager
- Local Business SEO
- SEO Optimized Breadcrumbs
- 404 Monitor
- Deep Content Analysis Tests
- Internal Linking Suggestions
- Role Manager + (And much more adding regularly)
These are the few awesome benefits of Rank Math SEO Plugin. You can check the detailed key features of Rank Math by visiting the official website.
2. AddToAny: Social Sharing Plugin
Add social sharing tool to share your content on social media, you can use the AddToAny plugin. With this plugin, you can add a Share button for all social media websites. This plugin has a responsive design to fit any device screen size. Connect to almost hundreds of social media websites and see how many times your links are shared with Google and the bit.ly integration system. Everything we mentioned is completely free. So, there is no reason not to harness the power of this useful tool on your blog!
Key features of AddToAny plugin:
- Share Anywhere
- Mobile & Responsive
- Perfect Icons
- Built For Good
- Google Analytics Integrated
- No Account Necessary
- Share Counters
- Floating Share Bars
- Plugins That Delight
- Highly Customizable
AddToAny plugin is the most popular share plugin for WordPress, making sites social media ready since 2006.
3. Autoptimize: Take a Grip on Your WordPress Performance
Your blog visitors love fast websites, we all love the fast and responsive website. It’s one of the essential features if you want to create a successful blog that anyone would love to navigate. Search engines also provide the highest priority to fast websites. But WordPress speed optimization is a tricky job. Even some expert WordPress developers are anxious about speed optimization. But Autoptimize handles few speed optimization tasks automatically. If you don’t know the advanced level of speed optimization, Autoptimize might be a lifesaver for you. All you have to do is install the plugin and few simple tweak settings and it will handle the ticky jobs automatically.
Key features Autoptimize plugin:
- Auto optimize and minify CSS & CSS
- Optimize static files delivery
- Cache scripts and styles to load it faster.
- Defers JS and scripts to speed up above the fold content rendering.
- Removes WordPress emoji to reduce the extra load time of emoji scripts.
- HTTP/2 compatible
- Optimize images, compress it and convert them to .webp Version for increasing speed.
- Optimize CSS and JS delivery.
TIP: If you want to get the perfect performance, you should use a page caching plugin with Autoptimize, such as WP Super Cache, Hyper Cache. but if you don’t know how to properly configure them, You should take expert help. Because the misconfiguration of the caching plugin might break your website.
4. Email Subscribers & Newsletters: Build Email Subscribers for Free
Building loyal followers through email listing is still a popular and useful method. Build a community around your blog with an email subscription on your website so that you can update your subscribers about your latest posts, promotional offers or communicate anything else with them. You can use the Email Subscribers & Newsletters plugin to achieve this. You can create an opt-in box on any page or post with the shortcode generated by the plugin. Email Subscribers & Newsletters plugin is a free plugin that you can do much more than just creating subscribers. From the plugin dashboard, you can add and view subscribers, set up automated welcome emails, edit emails, import and export data, send test mail or integrate is with other email marketing services.
Key features of Email Subscribers & Newsletters plugin:
- Send notification emails to contacts when new posts are published.
- Option to schedule email (Cron job option) or send them manually.
- Collect customer emails by adding a subscription box (Widget/Shortcode/PHP Cod).
- Double Opt-in and Single Opt-in facility for contacts.
- Email notification to admin when a user signs up (Optional).
- Automatic welcome email to contacts (Optional).
- Automatically add the Unsubscribe link in the email.
- Import/Export contacts emails.
- HTML editor to create broadcasts and post notifications.
- Send broadcasts.
- Sent email status and when it was viewed.
- Support localization or internationalization.
- Include/exclude categories while sending a newsletter or post notification.
- Ability to control user access (Roles and Capabilities).
- Easy Integration with free plugins Icegram and Rainmaker
5. Robin Image Optimizer: Compress images & reduce load time
The images are awesome! Your reader gets awesome visual experience with images. But unoptimized images can make a web page heavy and slow. So, you need to optimize images by serving the scaled images in every section of your website, Compressing the images and converting them to .webp version. But most of the image optimizer plugins are paid. Even if they offer a free version, that’s not useful enough. Robin Image Optimizer is still offering a free version that can be useful to optimize images of your blog or website this year.
Key Features of Robin Image Optimizer:
- Compress Images without losing its actual quality.
- Choose a compress mood depending on your needs.
- Automatic Image optimization using Cron.
- Manual mass-optimization without much waiting time.
- Details optimization statistics on optimized images.
- Image backup of the actual version before starting optimization.
- Reduce the pre-optimized images by changing it’s image size and dimension.
6. Wordfence Security: WordPress security firewall and malware scanner
WordPress is a great CMS and awesome blogging tool! But if you don’t take care of WordPress security, it can be a headache for you. So, make sure to secure your website with the essential security practices. Wordfence security plugin can be a lifesaver for any webmaster or website owner. It prevents bad guys to hack your website by creating a security firewall between your website and bad guys or any potential attack sources. It enables login security, file security, database security, MySQL injection prevention security, encryption leaks prevention, malware & adware security, SEO spam hack security and much more. The best part is WordFence has a centralized global security & prevention network which is continuously identifying malicious traffic and potential harm across the internet and using this database to protect your website.
Key Features of WordFence:
- Web application firewall to block malicious traffic
- Complete WordPress security.
- Monitor malware signature and firewall rule updates Real-time
- Deep integration with WordPress and enables endpoint protection
- Integrated malware scanning system to block malicious requests and script
- Enables login, registration and forgot password form security and captcha
- Scan and check plugins and themes for malware, backdoors or SEO Spam
- Code injection and malicious redirect protection
- Detects file change and repair them by overwriting with the original version
- Check the WordPress website for known security vulnerabilities and sends you a notification
- Content safety checker and spam comments protection
- XML-RPC attack security and 2FA
- Centralized security management system to manage multiple website’s security from one dashboard
- Configurable security alerts to bye email and SMS
- Live traffic monitoring and hack attempts monitoring
- IP and IP range blocking ability
- Blocks invalid username and known malicious hostname
Who Can Benefit from Those 5 Plugins in 2020?
All the 5 plugins are perfect for:
- Bloggers (WordPress Blog)
- eCommerce Store Owners
- Local Businesses
- The Real Estate
- Niche Sites
- Artists & Photographers
- The Solution Offerer
- Sales Page
- Or any WordPress Website
Go Ahead and Focus on Building Your Blog
Now that you have the necessary plugins on your blog, you can now focus on your blog instead of what plugins to use. With those tools in your blog, you should be able to reach more audiences than you could before. WordPress is a powerful tool for anyone to start and run a successful blog, and you have the best of it. Now just select a suitable package from our Premium Web Hosting packages and start your today with just one click WordPress installation!
However, If you have experience with any of these must-have plugins for WordPress then share your thoughts with us in the comments section below! It helps to know others to choose the right one. Happy Working!!!